Are you stressed out, overwhelmed, anxious and want to calm down fast?
When life gets us crazy and spiraling and we find ourselves overwhelmed, stressed and reacting to everything around us, we CAN stop the spiral and calm down. We CAN prevent a bad moment from becoming a bad day or bad week, and it only takes about 60 seconds to do it.
When you find yourself, overwhelmed and stressed and know you need to shift out of it, it’s time for a 60-Second Retreat Break!
Here is what you do:
- Notice the feelings of stress and overwhelm and decide to take a 60-second break.
- Close your eyes, take a couple breaths and repeat a mantra (see below) for 60-seconds and you relax your shoulders, neck and body.
- Then open your eyes and go back to what you were doing. I guarantee you will be in a different mental place than before the break.
3 Mantras to Calm Down
Using a mantra allows you to focus on something other than the drama that is going on around you. Here are some of my favorites:
- Release – I learned this from author and high-performance expert Brendon Burchard. He uses this for his meditations, and I love it because as you repeat the word “Release” you are signaling your body and mind to “release” the stress, fear and worry.
- All is Well. I am Safe. – You can either choose one part of this, or use both, and it will help you reset your brain and remember that even though it might not look like it, all really is well. You will be O.K. The you are safe, helps to get you out of that fear mode too!
- I breathe in love. I breathe out fear. – This is great to say along with the breath in and out so you are not only focused on the mantra, but also your breath.
For more videos, visit my Youtube Channel and subscribe!
You might also like this article:
Why You Need to Cleanse Your Home of Negativity (& How to Do It)